A 19-year-old man has died after a fire at a mobile home park in west Knoxville on Saturday morning.
According to the Knoxville Fire Department, firefighters pulled Mark A. Jernigan from the laundry room of a burning mobile home at 2719 JR Drive. Crews worked to revive Jernigan on the scene and at the hospital, but he died of smoke inhalation.
His twin brother was able to escape the fire on his own. He was treated for mild smoke inhalation.
Firefighters believe the fire started near or around the dryer.